Bizick
Register a Business

St. Lucia News Online on Bizick Buzz

(BBC) — Thirteen more bodies have been recovered in California, bringing the death toll in the US state’s deadliest wildfire to 42, officials say. The remains were found in and around the largely incinerated town of Paradise, in the north of the state. At least 228 people are missing as the Camp Fire continues to ...

The post California fires: At least 42 die in state’s deadliest wildfire appeared first on St. Lucia News Online.

Read more

(STABROEK NEWS) — A 16-year-old mother is still in grief after her twins died shortly after delivery at the West Demerara Regional Hospital (WDRH) on Saturday and she blames it on negligence. The baby boys were born prematurely to Preya Eshwar of Parika, East Bank Essequibo around 11.30 am and they both died shortly after. ...

The post Guyana: 16-year-old’s twins die after delivery at West Demerara hospital appeared first on St. Lucia News Online.<...

Read more

(CMC) – St Lucia will continue to host matches in the Women’s Twenty20 World Cup, organisers the International Cricket Council have confirmed. Heavy rain over the last week had put the matches in doubt, especially after the opening fixture between England and Sri Lanka was abandoned without a ball bowled last Saturday. And with more ...

The post ICC to persevere with fixtures in rain-weary St Lucia appeared first on St. Lucia News Online.

Read more

(GUYANA CHRONICLE) — The two major political parties have maintained their hold on their traditional support bases with the government A Partnership for National Unity projected to win five of the 10 municipalities, while the opposition collected the other five with slim wins in Mabaruma and Lethem. Based on preliminary results seen by this newspaper ...

The post Guyana: Big parties hold on to bases in Local General Elections appeared first on St. Lucia News Onl...

Read more

(BARBADOS TODAY) — With approximately three-quarters of the region’s highly-skilled said to be living abroad, two of Barbados’ key multinational partners want to see the issue of brain drain addressed if Caribbean economies are to prosper. However, officials are of the view that Barbados and other Caribbean countries must address a number of inefficiencies within ...

The post Skilled Barbadians are leaving, says official appeared first on St. Lucia News Online.

Read more

(SNO) — The driver of a car reportedly fled the scene on Sunday after it jumped a gutter and damaged other vehicles. The incident took place near the Gablewoods Mall. Reports are that the Honda, registration number PD 4367, after jumping the gutter, hit a metal railing and slammed into several vehicles before coming to ...

The post Driver reportedly flees scene of accident appeared first on St. Lucia News Online.

Read more

(SNO) — Social media giant, Facebook, is blaming a routine test for an outage that affected many of its users on Monday. Several subscribers took to Twitter on Monday afternoon to complain that they could not log into their account. Those who tried to log in got an error message reading, “Sorry, something went wrong. ...

The post UPDATE: Facebook operational after outage appeared first on St. Lucia News Online.

Read more

(SNO) — A law enforcement source has stated that police are aware of reports of domestic disturbances or heated arguments involving Kimberly Williams-De Leon and her husband, but not reports of violence that media houses have been reporting. Williams-De Leon, a 42-year-old government employee and mother of two, was gunned down at her residence on ...

The post Disputes, not violence reported against Kimberly’s husband, says source appeared first on St...

Read more

(BBC) — American writer and Marvel Comics co-creator Stan Lee has died at the age of 95. Lee and Jack Kirby founded the company in 1961, beginning with The Fantastic Four and going on to create titles such as Spider-Man and The Incredible Hulk. Lee’s wife, Joan, died in 2017 – also aged 95 – ...

The post Stan Lee: Marvel Comics co-creator dies aged 95 appeared first on St. Lucia News Online.

Read more

(SNO) — Acting Executive Director of Victoria Hospital, Brenda Calixte, on Monday (Nov. 12) released a statement on the collapse of the ceiling at Victoria Hospital over the weekend, disclosing that no one was hurt in the incident but admitting that the infrastructure was already “compromised”. In a video statement submitted to the media, Calixte ...

The post “The infrastructure was already compromised” – Statement on collapsed ceiling at Victoria Hospital appeared first on ...

Read more